(( Frequently Asked Questions ))

If interested parties do not have prior SA POST Basic certification, they must go through the entirety of the Sheriff's Department Academy.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, ASD: TB Pre-Employment Unit

Forum rules
——
UNIT COMMANDER, TRAINING BUREAU
Captain Zachary Metzger

April Recruitment Drive
CLOSED
Bryan Guerrero
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
GTA:W Forum Name: Orbit
Primary Assignment: Office of the Sheriff
Service Weapon: Glock 17

Re: (( F.A.Q. & Questions / Answers ))

Post by Bryan Guerrero »

How long does a warning on record have to last in order for me to apply?
Kiara Eponimos
GTA:W Forum Name: Thekillergreece
Timezone: GMT 2+

Post by Kiara Eponimos »

What happens if someone completes all stages but fails the examination? Do they have to restart the recruitment process from the scratch?
Miles Lucero
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
Badge Number: 23519
GTA:W Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P9

Post by Miles Lucero »

Alexander Winston wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 am How long does a warning on record have to last in order for me to apply?
Depends on the severity. Usually 2 months, but we try to be lenient with warnings.
Aliyah Banks wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 am What happens if someone completes all stages but fails the examination? Do they have to restart the recruitment process from the scratch?
Yes.
COMMANDER MILES LUCERO (RET.)
Area Commander, Administrative Services Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Kiara Eponimos
GTA:W Forum Name: Thekillergreece
Timezone: GMT 2+

Post by Kiara Eponimos »

Ronald Coburn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:27 am
Aliyah Banks wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 am What happens if someone completes all stages but fails the examination? Do they have to restart the recruitment process from the scratch?
Yes.
Thanks for your response!
However, if they have to restart the recruitment process from the scratch, are they permitted to use the same application they used in their first try? And, if the questions they receive during interview are the same as they were in their first try, are they permitted to use their old answers from their first interview to their second interview?
Miles Lucero
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
Badge Number: 23519
GTA:W Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters

Post by Miles Lucero »

Aliyah Banks wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 am [Thanks for your response!
However, if they have to restart the recruitment process from the scratch, are they permitted to use the same application they used in their first try? And, if the questions they receive during interview are the same as they were in their first try, are they permitted to use their old answers from their first interview to their second interview?
You may re-use your application, and even your Written Test if you receive the same version (we have multiple). Interview questions are a bit iffy, but if your character has perfect recall and can provide the same answers word by word? Sure. Ideally you'd get a little different questions though, and you'd provide a little different answers.
COMMANDER MILES LUCERO (RET.)
Area Commander, Administrative Services Division
Daisy Page
GTA:W Forum Name: CelticDemon
Timezone: GMT+2

Post by Daisy Page »

Hey there! Sorry if this is dumb and long, I saw that denied candidates have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks, to be able to reapply. I applied on the 7th and was denied on the 8th of April. So If I'm counting 3 weeks right, It should be either the 28th or the 29th when I can reapply. I was denied, for my character being unfit(I realized that my backstory was too short, and kind of smashed a few more sentences in it, which didn't make it any good.) Since then, I rewrote my backstory from barely 300 words, to 1300 words. I kept everything the same, just went into more details. My grammar was also bad, on which I improved a lot, at least I hope I did. Anyway, until now I never even thought about another faction, and played a lot on the server. Now there is another faction recruiting(FD EMS division), they are closing soon, and I might be interested in that too. Kind of in a identity crisis now on what should I do. I'm asking if the last few days could be voided, or not, either is fine with me. I want to try this again, and If I'm not lucky, that other faction would be my contingency plan.
Brandon Correa
Retired Assistant Sheriff
Retired Assistant Sheriff
GTA:W Forum Name: timid
Primary Assignment: Executive Office of Countywide Operations
Service Weapon: 1911 type (.45)

Post by Brandon Correa »

Daisy Page wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 pm Hey there! Sorry if this is dumb and long, I saw that denied candidates have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks, to be able to reapply. I applied on the 7th and was denied on the 8th of April. So If I'm counting 3 weeks right, It should be either the 28th or the 29th when I can reapply. I was denied, for my character being unfit(I realized that my backstory was too short, and kind of smashed a few more sentences in it, which didn't make it any good.) Since then, I rewrote my backstory from barely 300 words, to 1300 words. I kept everything the same, just went into more details. My grammar was also bad, on which I improved a lot, at least I hope I did. Anyway, until now I never even thought about another faction, and played a lot on the server. Now there is another faction recruiting(FD EMS division), they are closing soon, and I might be interested in that too. Kind of in a identity crisis now on what should I do. I'm asking if the last few days could be voided, or not, either is fine with me. I want to try this again, and If I'm not lucky, that other faction would be my contingency plan.
I'm afraid you'll have to wait until exactly three weeks after your prior denial to re-apply. This is to ensure a fair playing field for all applicants. On the bright side, you'll have a few more days to think over which faction you'd prefer to attempt. Best of luck!
ASSISTANT SHERIFF BRANDON CORREA
Executive Office of Countywide Operations
Taevion_Parks
GTA:W Forum Name: javontae_rage
Timezone: UTC+2

Post by Taevion_Parks »

So currently if I got denied, I may reapply in three weeks correct?
Robert Malone
Retired Division Chief
Retired Division Chief
Badge Number: 1550
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters

Post by Robert Malone »

Taevion_Parks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:18 pm So currently if I got denied, I may reapply in three weeks correct?
Correct.
CHIEF ROBERT J. MALONE
Central Patrol Division
James Blair
GTA:W Forum Name: SWEETJONES
Timezone: GMT +3

Post by James Blair »

((Is it possible that I get my application sent to me so I can use it again? Please let me know.))