(( Frequently Asked Questions ))

If interested parties do not have prior SA POST Basic certification, they must go through the entirety of the Sheriff's Department Academy.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, ASD: TB Pre-Employment Unit

Forum rules
——
UNIT COMMANDER, TRAINING BUREAU
Captain Zachary Metzger

April Recruitment Drive
CLOSED
Jesus Miranda
GTA:W Forum Name: avocado9115
Timezone: GMT -3

Re: (( Frequently Asked Questions ))

Post by Jesus Miranda »

When you're learning any language, there's a table that indicates the level you are at. Based on this table, which is actually called the 'Common European Framework,' what level of English is the faction exactly seeking?
Kayden Pierce
Field Staff
Field Staff
Badge Number: 64239
GTA:W Forum Name: Brant
Timezone: GMT-5
Primary Assignment: Senora Station
Service Weapon: Glock 19

Post by Kayden Pierce »

Christian Arenado wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:59 am When you're learning any language, there's a table that indicates the level you are at. Based on this table, which is actually called the 'Common European Framework,' what level of English is the faction exactly seeking?
We would prefer native or near native, however, you should be able to communicate effectively and be understood by your peers when communicating in English.
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) KAYDEN PIERCE
Supervisor, Professional Development Unit
Lead Staff Instructor, Recruit Training Unit

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — ” "A Tradition of Service"
Paul McJones
GTA:W Forum Name: MoTheSailor

Post by Paul McJones »

Aside from the OOC reason stated in the disqualification letter under my application (making it impossible for me to appeal), I don't understand any of the IC reasons, could someone explain to me why my character was disqualified for dishonesty and everything?

Thanks in advance
Alexander Powell
Supervisory Staff
Supervisory Staff
Badge Number: 67474
GTA:W Forum Name: Aracharius
Timezone: CE(S)T
Primary Assignment: Training Bureau
Service Weapon: Sig Sauer P226

Post by Alexander Powell »

Paul McJones wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:35 am Aside from the OOC reason stated in the disqualification letter under my application (making it impossible for me to appeal), I don't understand any of the IC reasons, could someone explain to me why my character was disqualified for dishonesty and everything?

Thanks in advance
Hi, the IC "reasons" are standard reasons included in every disqualification. This does not mean ALL or even ANY apply to you, but is something which is a general "umbrella" for us when we deny someone and the IC way we deny everyone. The OOC reason below is the "main"/actual reason you were disqualified.
SERGEANT ALEXANDER R. POWELL
(Acting) Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Paul McJones
GTA:W Forum Name: MoTheSailor

Post by Paul McJones »

Thank you for clarifying
Ryan O Reilly_old
Timezone: GMT +1

Post by Ryan O Reilly_old »

In case you make a mistake with forgetting that you have an existing account and making new account to fix just few error in name for the application isn't deniable I'd like to know. If that's the case should I withdraw your application from the current recruitment and should I be able to apply for the next recruitment?
Zachary Metzger
Command Staff
Command Staff
Badge Number: 3345
GTA:W Forum Name: Samuel
Timezone: -6 GMT/EST

Post by Zachary Metzger »

Ryan O Reilly wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:53 am In case you make a mistake with forgetting that you have an existing account and making new account to fix just few error in name for the application isn't deniable I'd like to know. If that's the case should I withdraw your application from the current recruitment and should I be able to apply for the next recruitment?
Message me on discord and we'll clear it up: oksam
Captain Zachary Metzger
Unit Commander, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department ⎯ "A Tradition of Service"

Also Sergeant Christian Mauer, Field Sgt, SEN
Also Deputy Sheriff Jacob Kusiak, Emergency Services Detail
Joseph Sandoval
Field Staff
Field Staff
GTA:W Forum Name: shameless

Post by Joseph Sandoval »

Hey. For some reason, I cannot submit a reply with my double faction permission. It only lets me subscribe, but not to post a reply. I've posted a screenshot in my application, however I've seen everybody were filling the DF format and I don't want any issue with that. Anything I can do with it?
Alexander Powell
Supervisory Staff
Supervisory Staff
Badge Number: 67474
GTA:W Forum Name: Aracharius
Timezone: CE(S)T

Post by Alexander Powell »

Joseph Sandoval wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:21 pm Hey. For some reason, I cannot submit a reply with my double faction permission. It only lets me subscribe, but not to post a reply. I've posted a screenshot in my application, however I've seen everybody were filling the DF format and I don't want any issue with that. Anything I can do with it?
I will forward this to Ximena Navarro, they can check your forum permissions, these were set differently after some spambots. You will not get in trouble as long as you have posted all your double faction permissions in your application.
Ximena Navarro wrote:
SERGEANT ALEXANDER R. POWELL
(Acting) Operations Lieutenant, Training Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Ximena Navarro
Command Staff
Command Staff
GTA:W Forum Name: Scute
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters

Post by Ximena Navarro »

Alexander Powell wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 am
Joseph Sandoval wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:21 pm Hey. For some reason, I cannot submit a reply with my double faction permission. It only lets me subscribe, but not to post a reply. I've posted a screenshot in my application, however I've seen everybody were filling the DF format and I don't want any issue with that. Anything I can do with it?
I will forward this to Ximena Navarro, they can check your forum permissions, these were set differently after some spambots. You will not get in trouble as long as you have posted all your double faction permissions in your application.
Ximena Navarro wrote:
Hi,

this was resolved earlier today and should work fine now. We had to tweak some of the permissions for the public forum boards due to an uptick in spambots.