(( Frequently Asked Questions ))

If interested parties do not have prior SA POST Basic certification, they must go through the entirety of the Sheriff's Department Academy.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, ASD: TB Pre-Employment Unit

Forum rules
——
UNIT COMMANDER, TRAINING BUREAU
Captain Zachary Metzger

April Recruitment Drive
CLOSED
James Mello
GTA:W Forum Name: AGreyjoy
Timezone: CST

Re: (( Frequently Asked Questions ))

Post by James Mello »

Does the hiring process involve an interview, is that what the written test is? Or are they different?
Ralph Ciszek
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
GTA:W Forum Name: mark.
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters

Post by Ralph Ciszek »

Austin Griggs wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:25 am Does the hiring process involve an interview, is that what the written test is? Or are they different?
The hiring process is the application and the written test. Afterwards, it'll be the academy and exam. There's no interview.
COMMANDER RALPH CISZEK
Area 1 Commander, Central Patrol Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service "
Joseph Rivera
Field Staff
Field Staff
Badge Number: 118785
GTA:W Forum Name: Chico3000
Timezone: UTC -4
Primary Assignment: Field Training Program
Service Weapon: Glock 17

Post by Joseph Rivera »

((Hey there so uh, Im hoping im not doing anything wrong here, But how long are you typically supposed to wait for a WT Exam results reply? I noticed the run of the colors is tomorrow and I was hoping to attend however I don't think I would have that info as it is confidential?? Idk, my question is how long do you usually wait for WT Results to be returned?))
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) JOSEPH RIVERA
Master Field Training Officer

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service "
Ximena Navarro
Command Staff
Command Staff
GTA:W Forum Name: Scute
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters

Post by Ximena Navarro »

Joseph Rivera wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:59 am ((Hey there so uh, Im hoping im not doing anything wrong here, But how long are you typically supposed to wait for a WT Exam results reply? I noticed the run of the colors is tomorrow and I was hoping to attend however I don't think I would have that info as it is confidential?? Idk, my question is how long do you usually wait for WT Results to be returned?))
For future reference:

We always do our best to return your written test results as soon as we are able to do so. Once a written test is graded, there are further steps we take internally to review and finalize applications before sending you your results. This can take time, so we strongly recommend sending your application in earlier on in the hiring schedule if you are interested in attending the colors run or attending the first academy session.
Arnold Covington
Badge Number: 79758
GTA:W Forum Name: Stormy Monday
Primary Assignment: Field Training Program

Post by Arnold Covington »

Would there be an opportunity to find out why someone has not successfully passed the academy session?
A/Captain Ralph Montagne
Coordinator - Field Training Program
Ximena Navarro
Command Staff
Command Staff
GTA:W Forum Name: Scute
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters

Post by Ximena Navarro »

Arnold Covington wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:17 pm Would there be an opportunity to find out why someone has not successfully passed the academy session?
We typically send out a private message containing the reason when removing you from the process. It looks like this might have been overlooked in your case, I’ll review and get back to you soon.
John Padinni
GTA:W Forum Name: padinni
Timezone: GMT +2

Post by John Padinni »

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=38140

Does the reason mean that I can apply for next academy in June? Can I copy and paste (use) same application? I mean I only need to write a new backstory then, right?
Juan Molinares
Retired Deputy Sheriff (MFTO)
GTA:W Forum Name: feil
Timezone: ART

Post by Juan Molinares »

John Padinni wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:03 pm viewtopic.php?f=265&t=38140

Does the reason mean that I can apply for next academy in June? Can I copy and paste (use) same application? I mean I only need to write a new backstory then, right?
Yes, you were only disqualified from the class you applied to (479, May). You can apply again whenever hiring resumes (usually around the end of the month).

As for the application, you can send one with the same character provided you fixed all the issues we found with it. But remember that it has to be the same character, no major changes with his story. We like to see people roleplaying a character consistently and solidly, don't change who your character "is" just so you can get into the faction, just fix his story so that it makes sense.

If you find that too difficult, you can always request a forum name change and try again with a completely different character (this is an option I'd recommend).
John Padinni
GTA:W Forum Name: padinni
Timezone: GMT +2

Post by John Padinni »

Thank you!

Another question; Do I have to attend the Graduation Ceremony if passed? What if I can't make that time?
Juan Molinares
GTA:W Forum Name: feil
Timezone: ART

Post by Juan Molinares »

John Padinni wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm Thank you!

Another question; Do I have to attend the Graduation Ceremony if passed? What if I can't make that time?
You're welcome!

No, the only event you must attend is one of the academy sessions. That's why there are always two: if you can't attend one of them, you can go to the other.

However, it's strongly encouraged to attend the Colors Run and the Graduation Ceremony. Both are really fun and you'll get to meet your classmates, other deputies, sergeants, lieutenants and up (even the Sheriff).