[CA] Peter Daniels [DQ]

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, LSSD: Command Staff, Supervising Criminalist, ASD: Training Bureau, TSD: CFMB Command

Peter Daniels
GTA:W Forum Name: Ronald Reagan

[CA] Peter Daniels [DQ]

Post by Peter Daniels »

LSSD Header
CUSTODY ASSISTANT
SECTION I — PERSONAL INFORMATION

1.1. FIRSTNAME: Peter

1.2. MIDDLE NAME: William

1.3. LASTNAME: Daniels

1.4. BIRTHDATE: 30/MAR/2003

1.5. GENDER (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] Male
INDENT[—] Female
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.6. ETHNICITY (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] White
INDENT[—] Black or African American
INDENT[—] Hispanic or Latino
INDENT[—] American Indian or Alaska Native
INDENT[—] Asian
INDENT[—] Filipino
INDENT[—] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
INDENT[—] Two or More Races
INDENT

1.7. HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: 6' 1" — 175 lbs

1.8. BIRTH PLACE (CITY / COUNTY / STATE / COUNTRY): Los Santos, Los Santos County, San Andreas, United States of America

1.9. CITIZENSHIP (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] U.S. Citizen
INDENT[—] Resident Alien who is eligible and applied for U.S. Citizenship
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.10. HOME ADDRESS (NUMBER / STREETNAME / AREA / CITY / STATE): 3208 West Mirror Drive, Mirror Park, Los Santos, San Andreas

1.11. PHONE NUMBER: 09892117

1.12. EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Page 1 of 4

SECTION II — EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION

YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

INDENT2.1.1. COMPANY NAME: Johnson's Stop and Shop
INDENT2.1.2. POSITION: Grocery clerk
INDENT2.1.3. DUTIES SUMMARY: Supporting grocery store operations
INDENT2.1.4. EMPLOYMENT TERM (DD/MMM/YYYY): 15/JUN/2020 to 12/SEP/2020
INDENT2.1.5. REASON FOR LEAVING: Personal resignation

INDENT2.1.1. COMPANY NAME: Mirror Park LTD
INDENT2.1.2. POSITION: Grocery clerk
INDENT2.1.3. DUTIES SUMMARY: Supporting grocery store operations
INDENT2.1.4. EMPLOYMENT TERM (DD/MMM/YYYY): 17/JUN/2021 to PRESENT
INDENT2.1.5. REASON FOR LEAVING: DNA

FILL BELOW IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A STATE AGENCY BEFORE:

INDENT2.2.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DNA
INDENT2.2.2. AGENCY NAME: DNA
INDENT2.2.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION: DNA

LIST LAST GRADUATED OR ATTENDED HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, OR UNIVERSITY:

INDENT2.3.1. NAME OF SCHOOL: Earl Warren High School
INDENT2.3.2. CITY AND STATE: Los Santos, San Andreas
INDENT2.3.3. ATTENDANCE DATES (DD/MMM/YYYY): 03/SEP/2017 to 11/JUN/2021
INDENT2.3.4. MAJOR/AREA OF STUDY: General Education
INDENT2.3.5. TYPE OF DEGREE EARNED (IF GRADUATED): High School Diploma

Page 2 of 4

SECTION III — GENERAL QUESTIONS

3.1. DO YOU HAVE A VALID SAN ANDREAS DRIVERS LICENSE?: Yes

3.2. DO YOU HAVE LEGAL PROOF OF YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?: Yes

3.3. HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THIS POSITION?: Online through the LSSD website

3.4. PLEASE STATE ANY LANGUAGE(S) YOU KNOW OTHER THAN ENGLISH AND IDENTIFY IF YOU CAN READ, WRITE, OR SPEAK THE LANGUAGE(S): Spanish — Read / Write / Speak

3.5. ARE YOU A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY?: No

3.6. HAVE YOU SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES? IF "YES", INDICATE WHICH BRANCH: No

3.7. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A CRIMINAL ON PROBATION OR PAROLE?: No

3.8. HAS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE EVER BEEN SUSPENDED OR REVOKED? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: No

3.9. HAVE YOU EVER RECEIVED A CITATION IN THE LAST THREE YEARS? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: No

3.10. HAVE YOU EVER CONSUMED AN ILLEGAL DRUG? IF YES, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME?: No

3.11. HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED THEFT OR EMBEZZLEMENT FOR AN AMOUNT TOTALING $950.00 OR MORE? (THIS INCLUDES THEFT FROM AN EMPLOYER, ITEMS OTHER THAN UNINTENDED SUPPLIES SUCH AS PENS, PENCILS, ETC...): No

Page 3 of 4

SECTION IV — DECLARATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I, the undersigned, do herein agree that the information aforementioned is true and complete to the best of my knowledge under the penalty of perjury. I further agree and understand that the information provided will be utilized by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the purposes of employment & preliminary background investigation for the position of Custody Assistant. I further understand that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department employs candidates with no regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability. I agree that if selected to move forward with the hiring process, I will abide by the hiring standards as prescribed by the Sheriff of Los Santos County and his designated Deputies.

Peter W. Daniels
31/JUL/2021

Page 4 of 4

(( SECTION V — OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION ))

5.1. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR TIMEZONE (GMT): GMT+2

5.2. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO A TIMESTAMPED SCREENSHOT OF YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE RECORD: ACCESS

5.3. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR USER CONTROL PANEL (UCP) USERNAME: Ronald Reagan

5.4. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR GTA WORLD FORUM ACCOUNT: ACCESS

5.5. FILL BELOW IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A LEGAL FACTION BEFORE (ADD MORE SECTIONS IF NECESSARY):

INDENT5.5.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DNA
INDENT5.5.2. AGENCY NAME: DNA
INDENT5.5.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION (INCLUDE A REASONING IF DENIED): DNA

INDENT5.5.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DNA
INDENT5.5.2. AGENCY NAME: DNA
INDENT5.5.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION (INCLUDE A REASONING IF DENIED): DNA

5.6. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR DOUBLE FACTION PERMISSION (IF APPLICABLE): DNA

5.7. ARE YOU IN POSSESSION OF A WORKING MICROPHONE & TEAMSPEAK 3: Yes

5.8. ELABORATE ON YOUR PRIOR GTA WORLD ROLEPLAYING EXPERIENCE:

5.9: show
In June 2020, I created the forum account G-Man, through which I roleplayed William Donovan, a Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Quality Roleplay that contributed to the General Discussions section of GTA:W without ever breaking character, including in PMs and via occasional Discord appearances. There was no ill will behind the account and its unconventional posts: it was merely meant to defuse the most heated discussions by taking the concepts being argued about and bringing them to the extreme, mixing them up with bureaucratic terms and non-existing but believable law enforcement regulations for comical effect. All the posts had a serious idea behind them, however, and the account almost instantly became more popular than I expected, but I still could not commit enough time towards roleplay and took off again.

I was finally convinced to give GTA:W another try earlier this year by another community member. My first real roleplaying experience on GTA:W was the portrayal of a Water Resources Inspector working for the State Water Resources Control Board, investigating a case of lead poisoning within South Central L.S. water wells, partnered with an Senior Investigator from the Department of Toxic Substances Control. Initially meant to be an extension of the G-Man concept by giving him an actual presence IG, the whole thing was based on the operations of the real-life CalEPA Environmental Justice Task Force, with adjustments to make it fit within GTA:W lore.

We started out the project as a Bavarian fire drill to see if players would take such outlandish concept seriously without a script or an actual faction backing it up, but it turned into a committed portrayal when it became clear that a large majority of the server, up to and including the City of Los Santos and some members of the LSSD were not only taking us seriously despite our lack of OOC credentials, but fully willing to interact and create roleplay along with us. Once we realized that we put an end to the test, but not before being commended by the current IFM leader for our roleplay. Once again, though the intent behind the whole thing might seem malicious or even trollish in nature, it really wasn't: the concept of portraying "water cops" was indeed comical, but only because it was something no one ever considered doing, and the characters were portrayed accurately and were well received by those we interacted with.

With my faith in roleplay restored I decided to make a real comeback and portray an actual character rather than carry out yet another social engineering experiment. I began to develop Peter Daniels Jr., a young adult who isn't quite sure of where he wants to go in life but feels pressured to follow in the footsteps of his family's history in public service. Most of the roleplay on this character revolved around getting ready to attend ULSA and working as a grocery store clerk at Mirror Park LTD. It's been some good three weeks of development and I feel like it's time to move the story forward to the next chapter.

5.9. PLEASE BRIEFLY EXPLAIN WHAT YOU INTEND TO BRING TO THE FACTION IN TERMS OF ROLEPLAY QUALITY AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (Min. 200 words)

5.9: show
What I intend to bring to the faction is what I've always brought to any faction I've been in: full commitment to roleplay and character development, with the intention of breaking character as little as possible when it comes to roleplaying and assisting the faction in any way I can, be it in-character or out-of-character, along with a new willingness to learn as I've never got to portray a Sheriff's Department employee.

And since the Sheriff's Department is the only law enforcement faction I've never been part of throughout my time roleplaying, it also represents a challenge to myself and it offers me the opportunity to roleplay in a completely new environment I'm yet to experience to the fullest. Furthermore, the opportunity to portray a civilian position is interesting to me because of the multiple paths it opens for character development and progression.

However, even though it'd be my first time experiencing the LSSD, I'm far from being a newcomer to legal roleplay, or even prison roleplay. I have been in and out of law enforcement and prison roleplay for the better part of the last decade by now, and I would certainly bring some of the lessons I learned in this time with me, should I be accepted for the position of Custody Assistant. I'm fully aware of the challenges prison roleplay poses and I am confident I possess the right set of skills to contribute to making TTCF a more engaging, interesting experience for those who found themselves inside the jail, whether willingly or not.

As I've done before with all my characters, this one too won't be a one-dimensional robocop who only exists within the boundaries of TTCF. In addition to being the only character I will play on, as I prefer to focus on one concept at the time, he has his own beliefs, ideas and goals which can and likely will be influenced by his interaction with other characters, leading to the creation of friendships, rivalries and so on. It goes without saying the character will also be developed outside of the county jail and the Sheriff's Department in general, though I do hope the LSSD can provide the frame to create some memorable interactions with its members.

This ties into another point, which is what I believe is my strength in roleplay: the ability to take events as they come and weave them into a character-driven, well-acted and coherent storyline, trying to keep it as consistent as possible as much as the generally rickety nature of roleplay allows me to. It's perhaps the most satisfactory part of roleplay, and something I believe the faction would greatly benefit from.

Some of your leadership and I met before and though I admit I can be difficult to work with at times and I might have some idiosyncratic ideas when it comes to certain aspects of roleplay (questionable, but to each their own), I believe they'll be able to attest I spare no efforts when it comes to creating developed, well-rounded characters as well as taking chances with novel ideas if they increase the level of immersion (a word I prefer to the much abused and inflated "realism"). Some of the concepts now taken for granted, such as roleplaying around faction budgets and getting them through the appropriate political processes, I pioneered them when they were considered eccentric at best.

Finally, to reiterate on a previous point, in June one of the other usual suspects and I managed to manufacture a water crisis in South Central Los Santos completely from scratch, using only /me's, /do's and a minimal amount of research, turning an obscure real-life California State law enforcement organization into a believable in-character LE agency without any sort of script, faction or staff support. By merely roleplaying our characters the portrayal was realistic enough that it was taken seriously by an official legal faction, it won the praise of community and staff members and was even included into the official lore by Faction Management. If that isn't enough evidence of what I can bring to the table, I don't know how else I can prove my commitment to immersion and character development.

5.10. PLEASE WRITE YOUR INTENDED CHARACTER'S BACKSTORY (Min. 300 words):

5.10: show
Peter William Daniels is the son of Peter Christopher Daniels, a former Los Santos Police Officer who turned SADCR Sergeant, and Isabella Quintero, a Los Santos Police Detective.

In 1999, Peter Daniels Sr. was one of the officers put under investigation by the LSPD during the Mission Row CRASH scandal and, when faced with a disciplinary commission, chose to resign instead. After applying for a position in the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, he became an STG investigator, serving at Bolingbroke State Penitentiary (SASP-BOL) before being promoted to Correctional Sergeant. He met Isabella Quintero, a detective in the LSPD's Robbery-Homicide Division, during an investigation regarding the murder of an STG-affiliated former inmate and the two hit off, becoming a couple and eventually getting married.

Peter Jr. was born in 2003. He grew up in the neighborhood of Mirror Park, where his parents still live to this day. Although not particularly interested in school, Peter Jr. managed to earn fairly high grades at Warren High thanks to tenacity and determination, traits he inherited from his father, as well as a good dose of smarts, a characteristic that came from his mother's side. He grew up in a middle-class household which has been slowly moving towards upper-middle-class thanks to Peter Sr. and Isabella's hard work as well as their conservative management of their finances.

During high school summer breaks, Peter Jr. worked at a local mom-and-pop corner store before moving on to work at the local LTD gas station during his last summer in Mirror Park before going to ULSA. He considered many careers throughout his teenage years, but the long history of public service in his family ultimately compelled him to explore opportunities in the field of law enforcement. He is, however, well aware of the opportunities, both in terms of advancement as well as financial ones, that a solid education can grant him within this career.

Therefore, thanks to his performance in school he earned the opportunity to attend ULSA and he looks forward to work as a custody assistant in order to supplement his income and keep his school debt to a minimum, while also getting a "crash course" of sorts in criminal justice administration, his planned major, by integrating his theoretical education with a more hands-on approach. By being a custody assistant, he can also take advantage of the scholarships offered by LSSD to its employees, a concept based off LASD University (this is an aspect that has already been discussed with SD leadership, specifically lambchops, and has been greenlighted). Joining the Sheriff's Department is also a way for him to chase away the shadow of his parents' success in their respective law enforcement careers, the full weight of which he feels on his shoulders.

Peter Jr. is doubtful he can measure up to his mother and, especially, his father, whose unwavering efforts to clear his name from the chagrin of being connected to the Mission Row CRASH scandal made him a relentless individual always looking to prove himself. This, in turn made Peter Jr. particularly motivated to impress him by choosing a similar career path in an effort to gain Sr.'s respect, as the two rarely see things eye to eye.

Peter Jr.'s main source of affection in the family is Isabella. However, even the connection to his mother is somewhat uneasy, as his mixed-race heritage makes Peter Jr. a conflicted young man. Despite his mother being Hispanic, he has fair features that make him look more Caucasian than Latino and he considers himself White, making it difficult for him to relate to Los Santos Hispanic community. Well-aware of the importance of Latino culture and heritage in Los Santos, Isabella taught Peter Jr. Spanish from an early age to the point where he is fluent in the language and can sustain a conversation with a native speaker, but he still prefers to stick to American English and seldom speaks about his Hispanic origins at all.

—
I'm not going to bother pretending the backstory isn't based on events some of you might be already familiar with, but I purposefully chose to integrate those occurrences as opposed to come up with a completely fabricated character background, since it gives me the possibility of understanding and portraying this character and the environment he was born and grew up in much better. I'm aware of the policy about portraying the same character used in previous communities and I find myself in agreement with it.

The usage of a character name so infamous among certain circles is more of a self-deprecating, sarcastic joke on my end than an attempt at portraying the same character over and over again, as I find that fairly ridiculous myself and I have zero interest in exploring a concept I've already done to death (and possibly beyond). But a lot of people seem to be out here doing the same things under a different name, so I figured I'd spice it up by doing different things under the same name. As detailed in the backstory, Peter Jr. has very different attitudes, motivations and goals.

While the name might make the character vaguely funny from an OOC standpoint to those who are familiar with the previous run, my intention is to roleplay the character in a serious fashion while contributing to the faction as a whole, not mess around, and I believe I've proven this with the roleplay I've done on this character already.

the ghost of christmas past
Duncan Killman
GTA:W Forum Name: bonk
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Big Iron

Re: [CA] Peter Daniels

Post by Duncan Killman »

LSSD Header

July 31, 2021

Dear Mr. Daniels:

We have received your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant. Thank you for showing interest in employment with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

Your request has been acknowledged and forwarded to the Training Bureau, Background Investigations Unit for further deliberation & conclusion. This deliberation will include a thorough examination of your previous service with the Department and personal background information.

While extraneous circumstances may preclude a fixed timeframe, you should expect a response to your request within 72 hours.

Sincerely,

JOSEPH CLINE, SHERIFF
Alexander Rhodes, Lieutenant
Training Bureau

COMMANDER DAMIAN J. SUAREZ
Area Commander, Central Patrol Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition Of Service "

LIEUTENANT PERCY MAYNARD
Service Area Lieutenant, Davis Sheriff's Station
DEPUTY SHERIFF AIDEN CURRY
Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau

Duncan Killman
GTA:W Forum Name: bonk
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Big Iron

Re: [CA] Peter Daniels

Post by Duncan Killman »

LSSD Header

July 31, 2021

Dear Mr. Daniels:

We have evaluated your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant and regret to inform you that you were not selected for this position due to issues that may have involved:
  • Employment history;
  • Credit or financial history;
  • Discovered undisclosed information;
  • Dishonesty;
  • Incomplete application;
  • Other reason(s) as not listed.

• (( Your character name is associated with your previous LSRP character, this is something we do not allow. ))
Under all circumstances, you are ineligible to reapply during the current recruitment drive. You may reapply three weeks from the date of your denial if 'open continuous' is ongoing.

Any formal appeal must be in writing and received by Training Bureau Command within ten (10) business days from the postmark date of this letter. Please note, appeals may take 5-7 business days to be processed.

To appeal, you must demonstrate that the factors leading to your disqualification are in error.

Sincerely,

JOSEPH CLINE, SHERIFF
Alexander Rhodes, Lieutenant
Training Bureau

Last edited by Caleb Wright on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rescinded 3 week cooldown waiver
COMMANDER DAMIAN J. SUAREZ
Area Commander, Central Patrol Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition Of Service "

LIEUTENANT PERCY MAYNARD
Service Area Lieutenant, Davis Sheriff's Station
DEPUTY SHERIFF AIDEN CURRY
Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau