[CA] Gordon Trout [DQ]

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, LSSD: Command Staff, Supervising Criminalist, ASD: Training Bureau, TSD: CFMB Command

Gordon Trout

[CA] Gordon Trout [DQ]

Post by Gordon Trout »

LSSD Header
CUSTODY ASSISTANT
SECTION I — PERSONAL INFORMATION

1.1. FIRSTNAME: Gordon

1.2. MIDDLE NAME: N/A

1.3. LASTNAME: Trout

1.4. BIRTHDATE: 21/FEB/1998

1.5. GENDER (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] Male
INDENT[—] Female
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.6. ETHNICITY (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] White
INDENT[—] Black or African American
INDENT[—] Hispanic or Latino
INDENT[—] American Indian or Alaska Native
INDENT[—] Asian
INDENT[—] Filipino
INDENT[—] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
INDENT[—] Two or More Races
INDENT

1.7. HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: 5' 10" — 170 lbs

1.8. BIRTH PLACE (CITY / COUNTY / STATE / COUNTRY): Los Santos, Los Santos County, San Andreas, United States of America

1.9. CITIZENSHIP (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] U.S. Citizen
INDENT[—] Resident Alien who is eligible and applied for U.S. Citizenship
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.10. HOME ADDRESS (NUMBER / STREETNAME / AREA / CITY / STATE): Macdonald Motel Room 16, Davis, Los Santos, San Andreas

1.11. PHONE NUMBER: 41061528

1.12. EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Page 1 of 4

SECTION II — EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION

YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

INDENT2.1.1. COMPANY NAME: Big Joe's Bait & Tackle Pro Shop
INDENT2.1.2. POSITION: Sales Associate - Hunting
INDENT2.1.3. DUTIES SUMMARY: Assisting customers and pushing hunting related products on the store floor.
INDENT2.1.4. EMPLOYMENT TERM (DD/MMM/YYYY): 04/JAN/2015 to 22/NOV/2020
INDENT2.1.5. REASON FOR LEAVING: Seeking other employment.

FILL BELOW IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A STATE AGENCY BEFORE:

INDENT2.2.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DD/MMM/YYYY
INDENT2.2.2. AGENCY NAME: ANSWER
INDENT2.2.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION: ANSWER

LIST LAST GRADUATED OR ATTENDED HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, OR UNIVERSITY:

INDENT2.3.1. NAME OF SCHOOL: Davis High
INDENT2.3.2. CITY AND STATE: Los Santos, San Andreas
INDENT2.3.3. ATTENDANCE DATES (DD/MMM/YYYY): 01/SEP/2012 to 23/JUN/2016
INDENT2.3.4. MAJOR/AREA OF STUDY: General Education
INDENT2.3.5. TYPE OF DEGREE EARNED (IF GRADUATED): High School Diploma

Page 2 of 4

SECTION III — GENERAL QUESTIONS

3.1. DO YOU HAVE A VALID SAN ANDREAS DRIVERS LICENSE?: [Yes]/No

3.2. DO YOU HAVE LEGAL PROOF OF YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?: [Yes]/No

3.3. HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THIS POSITION?: Local advertisements

3.4. PLEASE STATE ANY LANGUAGE(S) YOU KNOW OTHER THAN ENGLISH AND IDENTIFY IF YOU CAN READ, WRITE, OR SPEAK THE LANGUAGE(S): N/A

3.5. ARE YOU A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY?: Yes/[No]

3.6. HAVE YOU SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES? IF "YES", INDICATE WHICH BRANCH: Yes/[No]

3.7. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A CRIMINAL ON PROBATION OR PAROLE?: Yes/[No]

3.8. HAS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE EVER BEEN SUSPENDED OR REVOKED? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: Yes/[No]

3.9. HAVE YOU EVER RECEIVED A CITATION IN THE LAST THREE YEARS? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: Yes/[No]

3.10. HAVE YOU EVER CONSUMED AN ILLEGAL DRUG? IF YES, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME?: Yes/[No]

3.11. HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED THEFT OR EMBEZZLEMENT FOR AN AMOUNT TOTALING $950.00 OR MORE? (THIS INCLUDES THEFT FROM AN EMPLOYER, ITEMS OTHER THAN UNINTENDED SUPPLIES SUCH AS PENS, PENCILS, ETC...): Yes/[No]

Page 3 of 4

SECTION IV — DECLARATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I, the undersigned, do herein agree that the information aforementioned is true and complete to the best of my knowledge under the penalty of perjury. I further agree and understand that the information provided will be utilized by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the purposes of employment & preliminary background investigation for the position of Custody Assistant. I further understand that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department employs candidates with no regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability. I agree that if selected to move forward with the hiring process, I will abide by the hiring standards as prescribed by the Sheriff of Los Santos County and his designated Deputies.

<Gordon Trout>
<07/JUL/2021>

Page 4 of 4

(( SECTION V — OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION ))

5.1. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR TIMEZONE (GMT): GMT -4

5.2. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO A TIMESTAMPED SCREENSHOT OF YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE RECORD: ACCESS

5.3. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR USER CONTROL PANEL (UCP) USERNAME: Cpt

5.4. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR GTA WORLD FORUM ACCOUNT: ACCESS

5.5. FILL BELOW IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A LEGAL FACTION BEFORE (ADD MORE SECTIONS IF NECESSARY):

INDENT5.5.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DD/MMM/YYYY
INDENT5.5.2. AGENCY NAME: ANSWER
INDENT5.5.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION (INCLUDE A REASONING IF DENIED): ANSWER

INDENT5.5.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): DD/MMM/YYYY
INDENT5.5.2. AGENCY NAME: ANSWER
INDENT5.5.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION (INCLUDE A REASONING IF DENIED): ANSWER

5.6. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR DOUBLE FACTION PERMISSION (IF APPLICABLE): ACCESS

5.7. ARE YOU IN POSSESSION OF A WORKING MICROPHONE & TEAMSPEAK 3: Yes

5.8. ELABORATE ON YOUR PRIOR GTA WORLD ROLEPLAYING EXPERIENCE: I've been roleplaying on GTAW for the better part of the past 8 or so months, accumulating around 1000 hours. Though those 1000 hours I've engaged almost primarily in illegal roleplay, from the Conti Crime Family, to the Mexican Mafia. All of which have given, or are giving me, an enjoyable story-telling experience. Roleplay as a whole for me, since I started somewhere back in 2014, has been all about the writing aspect of it. Having the ability to actively change the environment around you as nothing more than a player, having an impact on the world you take the time to improve and develop. It's something I can see myself sinking another thousand hours into into the next six months as well.

I've run through eight characters within a thousand hours of game time, with each one being a member of an illegal faction, the dominant margin being Sureno roleplay. I've played as nothing more than a simple hangaround, as equally as I have a shotcaller for such gangs. "Power" or not, it didn't stop me from being creative with my approaches on the daily events that took place around wherever was local, and that's what I've always strived for, to be beneficially creative.

5.9. PLEASE BRIEFLY EXPLAIN WHAT YOU INTEND TO BRING TO THE FACTION IN TERMS OF ROLEPLAY QUALITY AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (Min. 200 words): There has always been a strong sense within the illegal rp community that police in general take on most situations with a play-to-win attitude, or trying to be the main character, just generally unenjoyable experiences that give the faction a bad look. Whether it being a simple power gaming instance or a case of metagaming info based on an ooc nametag, really the list goes on and I feel some are influenced by OOC motivation in terms of rank and status. While I'm not making a comment on the current quality of things in SD/CA, I just feel as though there's always a space to improve. I want to be the change that I, and others, want to see. A real character who's more than just an NPC with a badge and a task. Everyone has their way of taking new character concepts on, anything can be done if it's done right, and I want to be nothing more than ordinary. Focus on story telling rather than a promotion, that's what I plan to bring, a story that people enjoy and enjoy to write with me. I think it's always important to remember that winning isn't everything, and to simply focus on the writing.

I want to bring my years of experience in roleplay in general, and this time spent on GTAW, straight into CA, as I see it as a respectable faction which I feel I'd fit right into. I've made mistakes along the way, and learned a lot about what the server and faction could do with more of, and it's something I genuinely want to give to the server through this faction. I'm conscious of my previous errors, and I've built upon them over time, just working up the quality of roleplay I can bring to any faction.

5.10. PLEASE WRITE YOUR INTENDED CHARACTER'S BACKSTORY (Min. 300 words):
5.9: show
His immediate bloodline Los Santos natives, Gordon saw it his duty to remain true to his old folk's heritage, as thin as it may be. Parents nothing more than simple working class people, few opportunities arose to stand out among the thousands of faces wandering the city. The simple naivety that came with being a child, filled the aspirations to make his parents proud, like most children his age, yielded sour fruit. The disappointments came stacking on top of each other quicker than he could wrap his head around. From a simple promotion flunk that came from his dad's office job in the city, to his mother's loss of jewelry. It left Gordon on a steady decline to feeling that much more powerless in the unforgiving suburb of Davis, infested with gang activity and poverty stricken adolescents.

The little he had control over, the family dog, his grades, his own physical health, became the center of his life as he emerged into the teenager lifestyle. Parents too busy working or working some more to really see him through these troubling and questionable time, he often turned to the streets, though refusing to become another statistic. He held that life at an arms length, focusing on becoming what his parents couldn't be for him, a provider through more legitimate means. The balance of high school and a new job taxed his youthful mind, warping it as such a young age wouldn't do good things down the line. The cackles of a lunchroom crowd could do little to sully the windstorm of emotions he had brewing inside. The few occasions he saw his parents grew more and more scarce, and farther in between. It got to the point he didn't ask questions, and rode through the next couple years telling himself he was independent.

He began to recognize the insignia of utility companies on bills quicker than he did his mother in the parking lot on the instance he needed a quick pick-up from school. Everything needed to be kept at a distance for Gordon, even his own blood at the expense of how he was neglected, at least that's how he interpreted it. Life was nothing more than a coast, on auto pilot.

Graduation caps cast high into the sky left him with an unimaginable amount of questions. What now?, was a common one. There was really only one option as he gazed across at the aging, decrepit and overworked faces of his parents, to return to his roots and do his native city the justice it deserved. The depressing and victimizing suburb of Davis was one thing he would have cemented in his head, thinking why he shouldn't do good with such a curse, it was time to act the only way he knew how. It wouldn't do any good carrying that kind of burden just to drown it in booze, instead it should come out in a positive light, to help in putting an end to the danger of a real childhood going extinct in his own home town.

Robert Malone
Retired Division Chief
Retired Division Chief
Badge Number: 1550
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P9

Re: [CA] Gordon Trout [REVIEW]

Post by Robert Malone »

LSSD Header

July 30, 2021

Dear Mr. Trout:

We have received your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant. Thank you for showing interest in employment with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

Your request has been acknowledged and forwarded to the Training Bureau, Background Investigations Unit for further deliberation & conclusion. This deliberation will include a thorough examination of your previous service with the Department and personal background information.

While extraneous circumstances may preclude a fixed timeframe, you should expect a response to your request within 72 hours.

Sincerely,

JOSEPH CLINE, SHERIFF
Alexander Rhodes, Lieutenant
Training Bureau

CHIEF ROBERT J. MALONE
Central Patrol Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Robert Malone
Retired Division Chief
Retired Division Chief
Badge Number: 1550
Primary Assignment: Central Patrol Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P9

Re: [CA] Gordon Trout [WT]

Post by Robert Malone »

LSSD Header

July 30, 2021

Dear Mr. Trout:

We have evaluated your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant.

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been successful. The next step in the recruitment process is to attend and complete your Written Test.

You will shortly receive correspondence with instructions on completing your Written Test.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Training Bureau Command.

Sincerely,

JOSEPH CLINE, SHERIFF
Training Bureau

CHIEF ROBERT J. MALONE
Central Patrol Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Caleb Wright
Field Staff
Field Staff
Badge Number: 14010
GTA:W Forum Name: Godwild
Timezone: EST
Primary Assignment: Davis Station
Service Weapon: Glock 17

Re: [CA] Gordon Trout [DQ]

Post by Caleb Wright »

LSSD Header

August 2, 2021

Dear Mr. Trout,

We have evaluated your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant and regret to inform you that you were not selected for this position due to issues involving your Written Test.

Under all circumstances, you are ineligible to take the Written Test again or reapply during the current recruitment drive. You may reapply three weeks after the date of your denial if 'open continuous' is ongoing.

Any formal appeal must be in writing and received by Training Bureau Command within ten (10) business days from the postmark date of this letter. Please note, appeals may take 5-7 business days to be processed.

To appeal, you must demonstrate that the factors leading to your disqualification are in error.

Sincerely,

JOSEPH CLINE, SHERIFF
Training Bureau

DEPUTY SHERIFF CALEB WRIGHT
Canine Handler, Davis Station Canine Team
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department - "A Tradition of Service"

PREVIOUSLY LIEUTENANT ALEXANDER RHODES, TRAINING BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY SERGEANT DAVID SWITZER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY DETECTIVE MATTHEW DESANTIS, OPERATION SAFE STREETS BUREAU