[CA] Samuel Broussard [DQ]

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, LSSD: Command Staff, Supervising Criminalist, ASD: Training Bureau, TSD: CFMB Command

Christian Cordova
Inmate
Inmate

[CA] Samuel Broussard [DQ]

Post by Christian Cordova »

LSSD Header
CUSTODY ASSISTANT
SECTION I — PERSONAL INFORMATION

1.1. FIRSTNAME: Samuel

1.2. MIDDLE NAME: Marc

1.3. LASTNAME: Broussard

1.4. BIRTHDATE: 17/JAN/2002

1.5. GENDER (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X Male
INDENT[—] Female
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.6. ETHNICITY (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[—] White
INDENT[X] Black or African American
INDENT[—] Hispanic or Latino
INDENT[—] American Indian or Alaska Native
INDENT[—] Asian
INDENT[—] Filipino
INDENT[—] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
INDENT[—] Two or More Races
INDENT

1.7. HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: 5' 11" — 176 lbs

1.8. BIRTH PLACE (CITY / COUNTY / STATE / COUNTRY): Davis, Los Santos County, San Andreas, United States

1.9. CITIZENSHIP (TICK ONE):
INDENT
INDENT[X] U.S. Citizen
INDENT[—] Resident Alien who is eligible and applied for U.S. Citizenship
INDENT[—] Other
INDENT

1.10. HOME ADDRESS (NUMBER / STREETNAME / AREA / CITY / STATE): #4 Perrera Beach Motel, Bay City Ave, Del Perro, Los Santos County, United States

1.11. PHONE NUMBER: 11025491

1.12. EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Page 1 of 4

SECTION II — EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION

YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

INDENT2.1.1. COMPANY NAME: Walmart
INDENT2.1.2. POSITION: Stocker
INDENT2.1.3. DUTIES SUMMARY: Stocked merchandise.
INDENT2.1.4. EMPLOYMENT TERM (DD/MMM/YYYY): 17/JULY/2020 to 22/JAN/2021
INDENT2.1.5. REASON FOR LEAVING: Resigned

FILL BELOW IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A STATE AGENCY BEFORE:

INDENT2.2.1. DATE FILED (DD/MMM/YYYY): 08/FEB/2021
INDENT2.2.2. AGENCY NAME: Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
INDENT2.2.3. RESULT OF EXAMINATION/APPLICATION: ((DQ'D "Recent administrative punishments." ))

LIST LAST GRADUATED OR ATTENDED HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, OR UNIVERSITY:

INDENT2.3.1. NAME OF SCHOOL: Davis High School
INDENT2.3.2. CITY AND STATE: Davis, San Andreas
INDENT2.3.3. ATTENDANCE DATES (DD/MMM/YYYY): 11/AUG/2016 to 23/MAY/2020
INDENT2.3.4. MAJOR/AREA OF STUDY: N/A
INDENT2.3.5. TYPE OF DEGREE EARNED (IF GRADUATED): N/A

Page 2 of 4

SECTION III — GENERAL QUESTIONS

3.1. DO YOU HAVE A VALID SAN ANDREAS DRIVERS LICENSE?: Yes

3.2. DO YOU HAVE LEGAL PROOF OF YOUR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?: Yes

3.3. HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THIS POSITION?: Career Fair

3.4. PLEASE STATE ANY LANGUAGE(S) YOU KNOW OTHER THAN ENGLISH AND IDENTIFY IF YOU CAN READ, WRITE, OR SPEAK THE LANGUAGE(S): French - Read, write, and speak.

3.5. ARE YOU A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY?: No

3.6. HAVE YOU SERVED IN THE ARMED FORCES? IF "YES", INDICATE WHICH BRANCH: No

3.7. ARE YOU CURRENTLY A CRIMINAL ON PROBATION OR PAROLE?: No

3.8. HAS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE EVER BEEN SUSPENDED OR REVOKED? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: No

3.9. HAVE YOU EVER RECEIVED A CITATION IN THE LAST THREE YEARS? IF YES, LIST DATES AND EXPLAIN: No

3.10. HAVE YOU EVER CONSUMED AN ILLEGAL DRUG? IF YES, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME?: No

3.11. HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED THEFT OR EMBEZZLEMENT FOR AN AMOUNT TOTALING $950.00 OR MORE? (THIS INCLUDES THEFT FROM AN EMPLOYER, ITEMS OTHER THAN UNINTENDED SUPPLIES SUCH AS PENS, PENCILS, ETC...): No

Page 3 of 4

SECTION IV — DECLARATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I, the undersigned, do herein agree that the information aforementioned is true and complete to the best of my knowledge under the penalty of perjury. I further agree and understand that the information provided will be utilized by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the purposes of employment & preliminary background investigation for the position of Custody Assistant. I further understand that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department employs candidates with no regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability. I agree that if selected to move forward with the hiring process, I will abide by the hiring standards as prescribed by the Sheriff of Los Santos County and his designated Deputies.

Samuel M. Broussard
1/MAR/2021

Page 4 of 4

(( SECTION V — OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION ))

5.1. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR TIMEZONE (GMT): GMT -6

5.2. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO A TIMESTAMPED SCREENSHOT OF YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE RECORD: ACCESS

5.3. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR USER CONTROL PANEL (UCP) USERNAME: PelzigJager

5.4. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR GTA WORLD FORUM ACCOUNT: ACCESS

5.5. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR DOUBLE FACTION PERMISSION (IF APPLICABLE): ACCESS

5.6. ARE YOU IN POSSESSION OF A WORKING MICROPHONE & TEAMSPEAK 3: Yes

5.7. ELABORATE ON YOUR PRIOR GTA WORLD ROLEPLAYING EXPERIENCE: I've currently been on the server for about 4-5 months, exclusively involved in the Illegal RP scene. I've roleplayed different aspects of the Illegal RP scene, from MC RP to White RP and most recently a Sureño in an unofficial faction that was based in Vespucci. The faction in which I roleplayed a Sureño, unfortunately, died after a severe drop in activity after one leader was banned and the other wound up CK'd in a shootout with Deputies. I now spend most of my time playing my White char who was a lifer in TTCF until recently when I applied for parole.

5.8. PLEASE BRIEFLY EXPLAIN WHAT YOU INTEND TO BRING TO THE FACTION IN TERMS OF ROLEPLAY QUALITY AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (Min. 200 words):
I currently devote most of my time to a lifer char in GTA:W and due to the activity rates of TTCF, I usually don't find myself playing GTA:W as much as I used to and I would like to get back in to that. I'm currently very much enjoying my RP in TTCF and the interactions I have with Deputies and other inmates. I've grown very fond and interested in the other side of TTCF RP (that being the Deputies and such) and I would like to experience that for myself and bring the great RP that I've experienced on my lifer character from Deputies to others. On top of that, I really do want to bring more activity towards TTCF which is why I RP a lifer but sometimes that's not even enough as, throughout my many stays in TTCF on different characters, I've seen that sometimes there just isn't any guards on in TTCF.

I've had an idea in the back of my mind that's been brewing ever since I joined this server back in October of 2020. I want to portray a down on his luck 19-year-old, recently graduated from high school who after not being able to afford/get into college, decides to pursue a career in the Sheriff's Department after attending a career fair which he believes would make his parents proud and allow him to move out and live on his own. I want to dedicate my time on GTA:W to fully develop this character from a 19-year-old to a 21-year-old who after a few years of working at TTCF as a Custody Assistant decides that this is the career he wants to pursue and attempts to join the Sheriff's Department in a sworn position. I don't want for him to come in as this person who knows everything about policing and follows the law to a T. There's a term that I can't seem to remember. I think it's Susie-Q but I might be wrong but anyways I remember hearing it once when I was just starting to RP and it means when you portray a character who is perfect and has no flaws at all. I don't want to portray a Susie-Q and I want Samuel to have his flaws just like I and every other human does. I want to portray him as a young individual just starting to pursue a law enforcement career who will learn how to be an effective law enforcement officer as time goes on by learning from his co-workers, mistakes, and actions. I want to involve every event that happens to Samuel, may it be on duty or off duty, and roleplaying it as having an effect on him such as affecting how he polices to his sensitivity or any other aspect.

5.9. PLEASE WRITE YOUR INTENDED CHARACTER'S BACKSTORY (Min. 300 words):
Samuel Broussard grew up in Davis, the son of Haitian immigrants who came to Los Santos as political refugees during the 1991 Haitian coup d'état. Samuel's parents were strict, devout Catholics who pushed their faith on to Samuel, much to his dislike. They worked hard to provide for Samuel, with his father working on an assembly line and his mother working as a translator. Due to the nature of their work, Samuel didn't see much of them except on weekends which led to a disconnected feeling between him and his parents.

Samuel was not a stellar student during high school, for most of his time in high school except for his senior year, Samuel was barely passing his classes, out drinking with friends, and skipping school entirely. Samuel had felt that school was just not for him and he had attempted to drop out but his parents would not allow it, giving him the choice of either staying in school or having to move out during his senior year which prompted him to kick it into gear and attempt to graduate high school and hopefully attend college. During this time, Samuel also got a job at Walmart, he was actually starting to focus on his future and would graduate high school as an average student. His previous actions during his first 3 years of high school however would come back to hurt him as they ruined any chance he had of getting a scholarship and his parent's financial situation could not allow for them to send Samuel to college. Disappointed, Samuel fell into a state of hopelessness which wasn't helped at all by his parents, they constantly talked about him in negative ways because of how he was still living with them, how he threw away his chances in high school and more. Growing tired of living at home with his parents, hearing their constant talk about him, and the repetitive work of stocking merchandise at Walmart, Samuel decided to search for a career that would make his parents proud and allow him to finally move out and live by himself. While on the hunt for a career, Samuel attended a Sheriff's Department career fair/workshop where he was shown different career options from Custody Assistant to Deputy Sheriff Trainee which piqued his interest and led to him talking to an SD recruiter after the fair/workshop who convinced him that he should apply for the Custody Assistant position.

Miles Lucero
Retired Commander
Retired Commander
Badge Number: 23519
GTA:W Forum Name: colorlessrainbow
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P9

Re: [CA] Samuel Broussard

Post by Miles Lucero »

LSSD Header
March 1, 2021

SUBJECT — APPLICATION RECEIVED

Dear Mr. Broussard,

We have received your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant. Thank you for showing interest in employment with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department.

Your request has been acknowledged and forwarded to the Training Bureau for further deliberation & conclusion. This deliberation will include a thorough examination of your previous service with the Department and personal background information.

While extraneous circumstances may preclude a fixed timeframe, you should expect a response to your request within 72 hours.

Respectfully submitted,

Deputy Sheriff Alexander Rhodes
Training Bureau
Ronald Coburn, Deputy Sheriff
Background Investigations Unit

COMMANDER MILES LUCERO (RET.)
Area Commander, Administrative Services Division
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Miles Lucero
Retired Commander
Retired Commander

Re: [CA] Samuel Broussard [REVIEW]

Post by Miles Lucero »

LSSD Header
March 1, 2021

SUBJECT — APPLICATION ACCEPTED

Dear Mr. Broussard,

We have evaluated your application and qualifications for the position of Custody Assistant.

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been successful. The next step in the recruitment process is to attend and complete your Written Test.

You will shortly receive correspondence with instructions on completing your Written Test.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Training Bureau Command.

Respectfully submitted,

Training Bureau
Background Investigations Unit

Miles Lucero
Retired Commander
Retired Commander

Re: [CA] Samuel Broussard [WT]

Post by Miles Lucero »

LSSD Header
March 3, 2021

SUBJECT — WRITTEN TEST FAILED

Dear Mr. Broussard,

We have evaluated your application and qualifications for the position of Deputy Sheriff Trainee and regret to inform you that you were not selected for this position due to issues involving your Written Test.

Under all circumstances, you are ineligible to retake the Written Test during the current recruitment drive.

Any formal appeal must be in writing and received by Training Bureau Command within ten (10) business days from the postmark date of this letter.

To appeal, you must demonstrate that the factors leading to your disqualification are in error.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Training Bureau Command.

Respectfully submitted,

Training Bureau
Background Invesigations Unit