Law Enforcement Technician — Position/Program Information [OPEN]

Access here for civilian employment opportunity postings including civilian Custody Assistants.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, LSSD: Command Staff, Supervising Criminalist, ASD: Training Bureau, TSD: CFMB Command

LSSD

Law Enforcement Technician — Position/Program Information [OPEN]

Post by LSSD »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
Law Enforcement Technician
1. Position/Program Information
  • FILING START DATE: OPEN CONTINUOUS
    FILING END DATE: D.N.A.

SALARY INFORMATION
    • $4,520.74 - $6,092.28 Monthly
      $54,248.88 - $73,107.36 Annually
2. Essential Job Functions
  • EXAMPLE OF DUTIES OF A LAW ENFORCEMENT TECHNICIAN
    • Receives telephone and in-person requests for services, including 911 emergencies and general inquiries;
    • Assigns, coordinates, and dispatches field units in response to requests for service; and
    • Monitors emergency communications of other police to determine needs for assistance, and ensures that assigned calls and other relevant information are entered into the station computer.
3. Requirements

CITIZENSHIP
    U.S. citizen -OR- permanent resident alien who is eligible for, and has applied for citizenship.

EDUCATION
    Graduation from a U.S. high school or evidence of equivalent U.S. high school proficiency or higher education. Evidence of equivalent high school proficiency includes having successfully passed the GED, TASC, HiSET, or SAHSPE.

LICENSE
    A valid San Andreas driver's license is required to perform job-related functions. San Andreas candidates must possess a current, non-expired driver's license at the time of filing.

PHYSICAL CLASS
    II - Light Work
    This class includes administrative and clerical positions requiring light physical effort, which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping, or squatting. Considerable ambulation may be involved.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
    Candidates must be in good general physical fitness and free from any medical conditions that would interfere with the satisfactory performance of the position of Law Enforcement Technician and/or Public Response Dispatcher.

(( OUT OF CHARACTER
    Candidates must ensure they meet the following out of character requirements:
    • 10 hours of playtime on their User Control Panel.
    • No administrative punishment within the last two months of application posting.
    • A forum name in the format of "Firstname Lastname" (e.g., "John Doe").
    • A fluent understanding of the English language, both in text and in voice.
    • The ability to accurately portray and develop a realistic character.
    • The possession of any double faction permissions, if applicable.
    • The use of original characters and their attributes, that are not recycled from previous servers and/or communities.
    • The use of truthful, accurate, and thorough answers in their application. ))
4. Hiring Process
  • DISQUALIFICATION
    The background questions in the Application are utilized to ensure candidates meet the standards of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Candidates who fail any background question(s) will be disqualified from all Los Santos County Sheriff's Department examinations for which they applied, and will have to wait until the next recruitment at minimum to reapply or three weeks from the date of denial if 'open continuous' is ongoing.

OVERVIEW
    1. Application
    2. Written Test
    3. Structured Interview
    4. Public Response Dispatcher Program
    WRITTEN TEST (WT)
    Candidates who pass the Application will be brought over to one of the Department's facilities to take part in an examination session among other candidates. Passing the written test may be your first step to becoming a member of the Los Santos County Sheriff’s Department. The test consists of questions designed to measure your reading, writing, and reasoning skills. These basic skills are essential for success in the Sheriff's Communications Center. Candidates will be allowed one (1) opportunity to pass the Written Test. If a candidate does not pass the WT, the candidate must wait three (3) weeks before he/she can reapply.

The written test requires you to write an essay in response to a general subject question. The essay will be evaluated based on your written communication skill and demonstrated effectiveness in judgment and decision-making and behavioral flexibility. There is no right or wrong answer to the question. Each candidate's response will be unique to that candidate, based on his or her life experiences.

Candidates are not successful in the Essay for numerous reasons, including the following:
    • Using poor examples that fail to showcase their abilities and potential
    • Failure to provide enough details that would make the essays clear and easier to understand
    • Failure to stay on topic (i.e. rambling, too much detail, or irrelevant information)
    • Failure to provide all information asked for in the essay questions (i.e. did not completely answer the questions)
    • Lacks adequate written communication skills (i.e. English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
    (( After completing the IC essay, you will be required to answer a series of OOC scenario-based questions. This step includes and focuses on a rigorous OOC mindset test used to establish the candidate's motive in joining the faction and their mannerisms/style of role-play. As our faction's goal is to provide an environment conducive to good role-play for all players, players who have the wrong mindset will be weeded out through this questionnaire. Candidates receive a private message (PM) on these forums with instructions on how to complete this step.

Due to the fact that the Written Test is primarily OOC focused, applicants who have previously passed the Written Test on any character within the past three months do not have to complete it again. ))

STRUCTURED INTERVIEW (SI)
    Candidates who pass the Written Test will participate in a Structured Interview (SI). The SI evaluates the candidates' experience, problem-solving ability, Department knowledge/interest, interpersonal skills, community involvement & awareness, and communication skills. Candidates will be allowed one (1) opportunity to pass the SI. If a candidate does not pass the SI, the candidate must wait three (3) weeks before he/she can reapply.

(( The Structured Interview consists of an in-character interview where the candidate must demonstrate their ability to accurately roleplay an interesting character in the US environment through realistic dialogue and interaction. ))

PUBLIC RESPONSE DISPATCHER PROGRAM (PRDP)
    Candidates who achieve a passing score in the LETE shall be appointed the title of Law Enforcement Technician and be enrolled in the Public Response Dispatcher Program for ongoing training. The training shall take no less than four (4) weeks, during which Law Enforcement Technicians shall be observed by senior Public Response Dispatcher personnel who will assess their ability to operate as a Public Response Dispatcher. Upon completion of this training, candidates shall graduate and be appointed the title of Public Response Dispatcher I.
5. Application Form
  • GENERAL INFORMATION
    The information you provide in this application will be used in the background investigation to assist in determining your suitability for the non-sworn position of Law Enforcement Technician.
    • It is your responsibility to complete this form and provide all required information.
    • This document must be filled out electronically and printed.
    • You must respond to all items and questions. If a question does not apply to you, write “D.N.A.” (does not apply) in the space provided for your response.
    • Send the completed form to your background investigator or the agency to which you are applying.
    DISQUALIFICATION
    There are very few automatic bases for rejection. Even issues of prior misconduct, such as prior illegal drug use, driving under the influence, theft, or even arrest or conviction are usually not, in and of themselves, automatically disqualifying. However, deliberate misstatements or omissions can and often will result in your application being rejected, regardless of the nature or reason for the misstatements/omissions. In fact, the number one reason individuals “fail” background investigations is because they deliberately withhold or misrepresent job-relevant information from their prospective employer.

BOTTOM LINE: You are responsible for providing complete, accurate, and truthful responses.

Subject Title

Code: Select all

[LET] Firstname Lastname
    Subject Body — Application Format

Code: Select all

[block=1,20,black,white][size=150]Instructions to the Applicant[/size] 

The information you provide in this application will be used in the background investigation to assist in determining your suitability for the non-sworn position of Public Response Dispatcher.

[list][*]It is your responsibility to complete this form and provide all required information.
    [br][/br]
    [*]This document must be filled out electronically and printed.
    [br][/br]
    [*]You must respond to all items and questions. If a question does not apply to you, write “D.N.A.” (does not apply) in the space provided for your response.
    [br][/br]
    [*]Send the completed form to your background investigator or the agency to which you are applying.[/list]

[b]Disqualification[/b]

There are very few [b][i]automatic[/i][/b] bases for rejection. Even issues of prior misconduct, such as prior illegal drug use, driving under the influence, theft, or even arrest or conviction are usually not, in and of themselves, automatically disqualifying. However, [b][i]deliberate misstatements or omissions[/i][/b] can and often will result in your application being rejected, regardless of the nature or reason for the misstatements/omissions. In fact, the number one reason individuals “fail” background investigations is because they deliberately withhold or misrepresent job-relevant information from their prospective employer.

[center][size=120][b][i]BOTTOM LINE: You are responsible for providing complete, accurate, and truthful responses.[/i][/b][/size][/center][/block]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,5,black,black][color=white][b]1. PERSONAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]1. FIRST NAME[/b]
    [list=none]Answer Here[/list]

[b]2. MIDDLE NAME[/b]

[b]3. LAST NAME[/b]

[b]4. DATE OF BIRTH[/b]
    [list=none]Month: MM
    Date: DD
    Year: YYYY[/list]

[b]5. PLACE OF BIRTH[/b]

[b]6. GENDER[/b]
    [list=none][—] Male
    [—] Female
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]7. RACE[/b]
    [list=none][—] White
    [—] Black or African American
    [—] Hispanic or Latino
    [—] American Indian or Alaska Native
    [—] Asian
    [—] Flippino American
    [—] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
    [—] None of the Above
    [—] Two or More Races[/list]

[b]8. HEIGHT[/b]
    [list=none]In feet: Answer Here
    In inches: Answer Here[/list]

[b]9. WEIGHT[/b]
    [list=none]In pounds: Answer Here[/list]

[b]10. MARITAL STATUS[/b]
    [list=none][—] Single
    [—] Married
    [—] Divorced
    [—] Widow
    [—] Legally Separated
    [—] Unknown/Not Applicable[/list]

[b]11. ADDRESS OF PRIMARY RESIDENCY[/b]
    [list=none]Street Number & Name: Answer Here
    City: Answer Here
    State: Answer Here
    Zip: Answer Here[/list]

[b]12. PRIMARY PHONE NUMBER[/b]

[b]13. EMAIL ADDREESS[/b]

[float=right][size=85][b]PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE[/b][/size][/float][/block]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]2. EDUCATION HISTORY[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]14. LEVEL OF EDUCATION[/b]
    [list=none][—] Some High School
    [—] High School
    [—] Some College
    [—] Technical College
    [—] Associate's Degree
    [—] Bachelor's Degree
    [—] Master's Degree
    [—] Doctorate[/list]

[b]15. SCHOOL OF ATTENDANCE[/b]
    [list=none]School Name: Answer Here
    Enrollment Term: MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY
    Course of Study: Answer Here[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]3. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]16. FIRST PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]
    [list=none]Company/Agency Name: Answer Here
    Position: Answer Here
    Duties Summary: Answer Here
    Employment Term: MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY 
    Reason for Leaving: Answer Here[/list]

[b]17. SECOND PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]

[b]18. THIRD PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]4. BACKGROUND QUESTIONAIRE[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]19. I HAVE A VALID SAN ANDREAS DRIVER LICENSE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Not Willing to Answer
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]20. I AM LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]21. I HEARD ABOUT THIS POSITION THROUGH[/b]
    [list=none][—] LSSD Website
    [—] Sheriff's Station Website
    [—] Social Media
    [—] College Campus
    [—] Career Fair or Seminar
    [—] LSSD Employee
    [—] LS County Employee
    [—] Family Member
    [—] Friends or Neighbors
    [—] Radio
    [—] Billboard
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]22. IN ADDITION TO ENGLISH, I KNOW THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE(S)[/b]

[b]23. I AM A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]24. I AM A CURRENT OR FORMER MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes, I currently serve
    [list=none]I currently serve in the: Answer Here[/list]

[—] Yes, I have formerly served
    [list=none]I have formerly served in the: Answer Here[/list]

[—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]25. I AM CURRENTLY ON CRIMINAL PROBATION OR PAROLE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]26. I HAVE PRIOR CONVICTIONS FOR DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR OTHER INTOXICANTS IN SAN ANDREAS AND/OR ANOTHER STATE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Indicate which state(s) and year(s) convicted: Answer Here[/list]
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]27. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED MARIJUANA WITHIN THE LAST YEAR[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Indicate the previous month(s) and year(s) you have used marijuana: MM/YYYY[/list]
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]28. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED OTHER ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WITHIN THE PAST YEAR[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]29. I HAVE COMMITTED THEFT, OR HAVE EMBEZZLED, AN AMOUNT AT LEAST $950.00[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]5. DECLARATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white]I, the undersigned, do herein agree that the information aforementioned is true and complete to the best of my knowledge under the penalty of perjury. I further agree and understand that the information provided will be utilized by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the purposes of employment & preliminary background investigation for the position of Custody Assistant. I further understand that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department employs candidates with no regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability. I agree that if selected to move forward with the hiring process, I will abide by the hiring standards as prescribed by the Sheriff of Los Santos County and his designated deputies.

[b]30. SIGNATURE[/b]

[b]31. DATE[/b]
    [list=none]Month: MM
    Date: DD
    Year: YYYY[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b](( 6. OUT OF CHARACTER QUESTIONS ))[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]32. MY TIMEZONE[/b]

[b]33. MY USER CONTROL PANEL USERNAME[/b]

[b]34. MY DISCORD NAME[/b]

[b]35. MY UNEDITED SCREENSHOT OF MY USER CONTROL PANEL ADMINISTRATIVE RECORD[/b]

[b]36. MY GTAWORLD FORUM ACCOUNT[/b]

[b]37. MY DOUBLE FACTION PERMISSIONS[/b]

[b]38. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DISCHARGED OR BANNED FROM A LEGAL FACTION? IF SO, ELABORATE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Elaboration: Answer Here[/list]
    [—] No
    [/list]

[b]39. DO YOU CONSENT TO YOUR CHARACTER ICLY PROVIDING FINGERPRINT SAMPLES AND A MUGSHOT AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS?[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No[/list]

[b]40. ATTACH AN IMAGE OF YOUR CHARACTER FROM THE SHOULDERS UP CLEARLY SHOWING THEIR FACE WITH NOTHING COVERING THE FACE[/b]
    [list=none][spoiler][img]Answer Here[/img][/spoiler][/list]

[float=right][size=85][b]STOP — END OF APPLICATION[/b][/size][/float][/block]
Robert Matheson
Field Staff
Field Staff
Service Weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P9

Re: Law Enforcement Technician — Position/Program Information [CLOSED]

Post by Robert Matheson »

Recruitment is now open continuous.
SERGEANT RYAN KOLP
Unit Commander, Comms & Fleet Mgmt Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"