Sheriff Gary Hewitt Addresses DA of LS County

The Newsroom section serves as a centralized point for all advisories, press releases, and other notices released by the Sheriff's Department.

Moderators: LSSD: Command Staff, OOTS: SIB, ASD: SIB Command, OOTS: SIB Command

Wayne Shahverdyan
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
GTA:W Forum Name: mike kwan
Primary Assignment: Training Bureau

Sheriff Gary Hewitt Addresses DA of LS County

Post by Wayne Shahverdyan »

BY SIB STAFF / DECEMBER 10, 2022
SHERIFF GARY HEWITT ADDRESSES DA OF LS COUNTY

SHERIFF GARY HEWITT ADDRESSES NEW POLICIES OF LOS SANTOS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY

On the evening of Saturday, December 10th, 2022, Sheriff Gary Hewitt addressed his constitutents in a press release. The Los Santos County Sheriff addresses the newly announced policies implemented by District Attorney Harper Meyer in relation to the recent killing of an assistant district attorney in El Burro, East Los Santos, LS County.

“Good evening, everyone. I'm Gary Hewitt, the Sheriff of Los Santos County. Today, I will address DA Meyer's remarks regarding gang violence and the enforcement of such. As a foreword, I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the family of the Assistant District Attorney killed last night in El Burro. Those unfortunate events are pending investigation by our Homicide Bureau in conjunction with the Operation Safe Streets Bureau. At this point, I can reveal no further details regarding this incident.

When I took this office earlier this year, I made an oath, an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of San Andreas against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of San Andreas. Today, DA Meyer announced a new wave of radical, cynical, and perilous sanctions, affecting effective law effective law enforcement and our core values.
”

“As the sitting Sheriff, it is also my mission to defend the Constitutional rights of all of my constituents. Based on the review of the District Attorney's Offices policies by our legal advisory team, We are opposed to the politics and DA’s Meyer approach. It is our sincere belief that the regulations proposed by DA Meyer are not only in violation of state law, but also federal codes and landmark law. With that, I'd like to announce that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department will launch its official inquiry into the DA's conduct regarding color of law, and color of office violations.”

Editor's note: DA Harper has rescinded her statements shortly after the press release. The official inquiry has been halted until an agreement is reached amongst County executives.

LSSDHQ
#CIVILRIGHTS #GARYHEWITT #DASOFFICE

• Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
  • 100 Innocence Boulevard, Los Santos, SA 90012