(( Frequently Asked Questions ))

If interested parties do not have prior SA POST Basic certification, they must go through the entirety of the Sheriff's Department Academy.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, ASD: TB Pre-Employment Unit

Forum rules
——
UNIT COMMANDER, TRAINING BUREAU
Captain Zachary Metzger

February Recruitment Drive
CLOSED
Dominic Brescia
GTA:W Forum Name: thread
Primary Assignment: Major Crimes Bureau

Re: (( F.A.Q. & Questions / Answers ))

Post by Dominic Brescia »

We'd rather you structure it in paragraph form without the bolded headers.
hi im thread : )

insert really cool lasd signature here whoooooooaaaa!!!!!
Daniel Koston
GTA:W Forum Name: Koston

Post by Daniel Koston »

Is it possible to edit my application while it's in the review phase?
Basically, I wish to add more information and background to my character backstory, and I'm afraid I'll be denied for lack of specific information before I have the chance to fix it.
Yes I am well aware I should've made sure of that before posting my application, but at the time I didn't think much of it. If it's not really an option, then it's fine and I have no problem staying with the current backstory- for better or worse.
Caleb Wright
Field Staff
Field Staff
Badge Number: 14010
GTA:W Forum Name: Godwild
Timezone: EST
Primary Assignment: Davis Station
Service Weapon: Glock 17

Post by Caleb Wright »

Daniel Koston wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:56 pm Is it possible to edit my application while it's in the review phase?
Basically, I wish to add more information and background to my character backstory, and I'm afraid I'll be denied for lack of specific information before I have the chance to fix it.
Yes I am well aware I should've made sure of that before posting my application, but at the time I didn't think much of it. If it's not really an option, then it's fine and I have no problem staying with the current backstory- for better or worse.
I've unlocked your thread so that you can make the edits before it gets officially reviewed, shoot me a PM when you're done so I can re-lock it.
DEPUTY SHERIFF CALEB WRIGHT
Canine Handler, Davis Station Canine Team
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department - "A Tradition of Service"

PREVIOUSLY LIEUTENANT ALEXANDER RHODES, TRAINING BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY SERGEANT DAVID SWITZER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY DETECTIVE MATTHEW DESANTIS, OPERATION SAFE STREETS BUREAU
Daniel Koston
GTA:W Forum Name: Koston

Post by Daniel Koston »

Is it possible to reapply after a namechange even though I was denied less than 3 weeks ago? Or do I still need to wait the 3 weeks?
Caleb Wright
Field Staff
Field Staff
Badge Number: 14010
GTA:W Forum Name: Godwild
Timezone: EST
Primary Assignment: Davis Station
Service Weapon: Glock 17

Post by Caleb Wright »

Daniel Koston wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:42 pm Is it possible to reapply after a namechange even though I was denied less than 3 weeks ago? Or do I still need to wait the 3 weeks?
You’ll have to wait out the three week cool down regardless of a name change.
DEPUTY SHERIFF CALEB WRIGHT
Canine Handler, Davis Station Canine Team
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department - "A Tradition of Service"

PREVIOUSLY LIEUTENANT ALEXANDER RHODES, TRAINING BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY SERGEANT DAVID SWITZER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
PREVIOUSLY DETECTIVE MATTHEW DESANTIS, OPERATION SAFE STREETS BUREAU
Elliott Watts
GTA:W Forum Name: coolbloxxie
Timezone: GMT+8

Post by Elliott Watts »

(Apologies for my username, I plan on requesting it to be changed before I post an application, though will do so sooner if it's absolutely required)
A friend and I plan on applying for the LSSD together, and we can't figure out whether the current idea we're going with is approvable in the first place. The core of the idea is two (identical) twins who would be serving as deputies together. The research I did never returned a concrete answer for any real life scenarios like this, which is where our concerns lie. We haven't yet fully fleshed out the idea, so we'd like to know if they'd be plausible as characters before we fully dedicate ourselves to the concept. Thank you!
Garrett Tatum
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Badge Number: 31870
GTA:W Forum Name: Illexus
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Beretta 92F

Post by Garrett Tatum »

coolbloxxie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:59 am (Apologies for my username, I plan on requesting it to be changed before I post an application, though will do so sooner if it's absolutely required)
A friend and I plan on applying for the LSSD together, and we can't figure out whether the current idea we're going with is approvable in the first place. The core of the idea is two (identical) twins who would be serving as deputies together. The research I did never returned a concrete answer for any real life scenarios like this, which is where our concerns lie. We haven't yet fully fleshed out the idea, so we'd like to know if they'd be plausible as characters before we fully dedicate ourselves to the concept. Thank you!
Even though I can't grant you a pass without handling the application: If the character stories seem reasonable, that's not a reason for a disqualification just because of the fact you want to portray twins.

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) GARRETT T. TATUM
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT — "A Tradition of Service since 1850"
Paleto Bay Station | Parole Enforcement Task Force
Field Training Officer | Background Investigation Unit
Elliott Watts
GTA:W Forum Name: coolbloxxie
Timezone: GMT+8

Post by Elliott Watts »

Garrett Tatum wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:17 am
coolbloxxie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:59 am (Apologies for my username, I plan on requesting it to be changed before I post an application, though will do so sooner if it's absolutely required)
Even though I can't grant you a pass without handling the application: If the character stories seem reasonable, that's not a reason for a disqualification just because of the fact you want to portray twins.
Thank you! That was all we wanted clarification on, so I'm glad to hear it's not off the table.
Richard Adler
Timezone: UK
Service Weapon: Glock 21

Post by Richard Adler »

I have completed and submitted my written test, I’m just wondering how long the results tend to take, as I was hoping to pump a couple hours in this weekend.

Thanks everybody.
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) Richard Adler
Tactical Medic, Emergency Services Detail (SEB)
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Garrett Tatum
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Retired Deputy Sheriff
Badge Number: 31870
GTA:W Forum Name: Illexus
Primary Assignment: Administrative Services Division Headquarters
Service Weapon: Beretta 92F

Post by Garrett Tatum »

Richard Adler wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:59 am I have completed and submitted my written test, I’m just wondering how long the results tend to take, as I was hoping to pump a couple hours in this weekend.

Thanks everybody.
It takes as long as it takes. Shouldn‘t be too long.

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) GARRETT T. TATUM
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT — "A Tradition of Service since 1850"
Paleto Bay Station | Parole Enforcement Task Force
Field Training Officer | Background Investigation Unit