Job Listing: Deputy Sheriff Trainee

If interested parties do not have prior SA POST Basic certification, they must go through the entirety of the Sheriff's Department Academy.

Moderators: ASD: TB Command, ASD: TB Pre-Employment Unit

Forum rules
——
UNIT COMMANDER, TRAINING BUREAU
Captain Zachary Metzger

February Recruitment Drive
CLOSED
LSSD

Job Listing: Deputy Sheriff Trainee

Post by LSSD »

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
Deputy Sheriff Trainee

Hiring Process
  • DISQUALIFICATION
    The background questions in the Application are utilized to ensure candidates meet the standards of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Candidates who fail any background question(s) will be disqualified from all Los Santos County Sheriff's Department examinations for which they applied, and will have to wait until the next recruitment at minimum to reapply or three weeks from the date of denial if 'open continuous' is ongoing.

OVERVIEW
    • Application
    • Written Test
    • Academy Training
    • Final Examination
    WRITTEN TEST (WT)
    Candidates who pass the Application will be brought over to one of the Department's facilities to take part in an examination session among other candidates. Passing the written test may be your first step to becoming a member of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. The test consists of questions designed to measure your reading, writing, and reasoning skills. These basic skills are essential for success in the Sheriff's Academy and on the job. Candidates will be allowed one (1) opportunity to pass the Written Test. If a candidate does not pass the WT, the candidate must wait three (3) weeks before he/she can reapply.

The written test requires you to write an essay in response to a general subject question. The essay will be evaluated based on your written communication skill and demonstrated effectiveness in judgment and decision-making and behavioral flexibility. There is no right or wrong answer to the question. Each candidate's response will be unique to that candidate, based on his or her life experiences.

Candidates are not successful in the Essay for numerous reasons, including the following:
    • Using poor examples that fail to showcase their abilities and potential
    • Failure to provide enough details that would make the essays clear and easier to understand
    • Failure to stay on topic (i.e. rambling, too much detail, or irrelevant information)
    • Failure to provide all information asked for in the essay questions (i.e. did not completely answer the questions)
    • Lacks adequate written communication skills (i.e. English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
    (( The Written test consists of a series of OOC scenario-based questions. This step includes and focuses on a rigorous OOC mindset test used to establish the candidate's motive in joining the faction and their mannerisms/style of role-play. As our faction's goal is to provide an environment conducive to good role-play for all players, players who have the wrong mindset will be weeded out through this questionnaire. Candidates receive a private message (PM) on these forums with instructions on how to complete this step. ))

ACADEMY TRAINING
    The Sheriff's Academy is a twenty (22) week training program held at the Eugene Biskarrat Regional Training Center. Classes are conducted Monday through Friday and some weekends and holidays. The Academy days are generally two and one-half hours long and may be conducted in shifts. Throughout the academy program, recruits will also participate in regular physical training. Knowledge, skill, and task competence will be assessed.

(( In-game academies are on weekend days. One session favors a North American timezone while the other favors an European timezone. From a realism perspective, all applicants would undergo a rigorous 22-week long process at the Eugene Biskarrat Regional Training Center. However, for roleplay purposes, this is condensed into a one-time few hours long session. ))

Final Examination
    At the end of their Sheriff's training, all recruits will sit for their final examination. This final examination tests recruits on numerous subjects concerning law enforcement, including but not limited to: case and common law, law enforcement procedures, Department policy and procedure, first aid and CPR, and more. Upon successfully passing the final examination, recruits will be appointed to the Department as Deputy Sheriffs and assigned to one of the many jail facilities before moving onto patrol school and starting the Field Training Program within their patrol assignment.

Essential Job Functions
  • WORKS IN A CUSTODY OR COURT SERVICES ENVIRONMENT
    • Enforces/ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, local ordinances, and judicial compliance orders as necessary.
    • Guards, transports, and maintains the security and safety of sentenced and pre-sentenced inmates by enforcing detention policies and procedures.
    • Oversees the work of and instructs a group of inmates assigned to various operations, maintenance, or other rehabilitative activities.
    • Operates a computer terminal to obtain criminal history information including warrants or other holds, and updates classification or housing information as necessary.
    • Secures prisoners and their property and monies as necessary in compliance with departmental policy and procedures including juvenile detention policy and regulations.
    • Performs various law enforcement duties during a local state of emergency.
    DRIVES A RADIO CAR PATROLLING AREAS TO DETECT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY, AND PRESERVE THE PEACE
    • Enforces Federal and State laws and local ordinances.
    • Pursues suspects on foot or in a vehicle.
    • Subdues resisting suspects utilizing necessary force, including firearms, to maintain law and order and ensure personal and other's safety.
    • Detains, arrests, books, and transports suspects.
    • Collects, preserves, and records evidence.
    • Maintains a log and writes arrest reports.
    • Makes traffic stops, issues warnings, and writes traffic citations.
    • Responds to emergency scenes and calls for service to provide assistance and maintain law and order.
    • Recovers lost or stolen property.
    INVESTIGATES EMERGENT AND NON-EMERGENT COMPLAINTS OF CRIMES AND CONDUCTS FOLLOW-UP INVESTIGATIONS
    • Investigates victims, witnesses, suspects, and informants.
    • Takes notes, and writes complaint and investigative reports.
    • Searches for, collects, records, and preserves evidence (including contraband).
    • Appears in court to testify in legal proceedings.
    • Serves civil and criminal process papers.
    EXAMPLE OF DUTIES OF A DEPUTY SHERIFF
    • Testify in court
    • Make a forcible arrest
    • Search for and handle evidence/contraband
    • Use a firearm
    • Drive a County vehicle
Requirements
    19½ years of age at the time of filing and at least 20 years of age at the time of hire.

CITIZENSHIP
    U.S. citizen

EDUCATION
    Graduation from a U.S. high school or evidence of equivalent U.S. high school proficiency or higher education. Evidence of equivalent high school proficiency includes having successfully passed the GED, TASC, HiSET, or SAHSPE.

LICENSE
    A valid San Andreas driver's license is required to perform job-related functions. San Andreas candidates must possess a current, non-expired driver's license at the time of filing.

PHYSICAL CLASS
    IV - Arduous
    Involves frequent heavy lifting over 25 pounds, often combined with bending, twisting, or working on irregular surfaces; and occasionally requires extraordinary physical activity.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
    Candidates must be in good general physical fitness and free from any medical conditions that would interfere with the satisfactory performance of the position of Deputy Sheriff Trainee.

(( OUT OF CHARACTER
    Candidates must ensure they meet the following out of character requirements:
    • 15 hours of playtime on any character on their User Control Panel.
    • No administrative punishment within the last two months of application posting.
    • A forum name in the format of "Firstname Lastname" (e.g., "John Doe").
    • May only possess one forum account on the sheriff's department website. Individuals who have more than one forum account must apply with their main forum account (the first one they ever made on the LSSD website). If you do not have access to your account, contact TB Command for help with recovery.
    • A fluent understanding of the English language, both in text and in voice.
    • The ability to accurately portray and develop a realistic character.
    • The possession of any double faction permissions, if applicable.
    • The use of original characters and their attributes, that are not recycled from previous servers and/or communities.
    • Your out-of-character background story must be completely written by you and only you, specifically for the purpose of joining the faction. Plagiarism is completely prohibited. Outside assistance of any shape or form will result in a permanent faction ban imposed against you.
    • The use of truthful, accurate, and thorough answers in their application. ))
DISQUALIFICATION
There are very few automatic bases for rejection. Even issues of prior misconduct, such as prior illegal drug use, driving under the influence, theft, or even arrest or conviction are usually not, in and of themselves, automatically disqualifying. However, deliberate misstatements or omissions can and often will result in your application being rejected, regardless of the nature or reason for the misstatements/omissions. In fact, the number one reason individuals "fail" background investigations is because they deliberately withhold or misrepresent job-relevant information from their prospective employer.

BOTTOM LINE: You are responsible for providing complete, accurate, and truthful responses.

Application Form
  • GENERAL INFORMATION
    The information you provide in this application will be used in the background investigation to assist in determining your suitability for the position of San Andreas Peace Officer, in accordance with POST Commission Regulation 1953.
    • It is your responsibility to complete this form and provide all required information.
    • This document must be filled out electronically and printed.
    • You must respond to all items and questions. If a question does not apply to you, write "D.N.A." (does not apply) in the space provided for your response.
    • Send the completed form to your background investigator or the agency to which you are applying. Do NOT send the form to POST.
    Subject Title

Code: Select all

[DST] Firstname Lastname

Code: Select all

[block=1,20,black,white][size=150]Instructions to the Applicant[/size] 

The information you provide in this application will be used in the background investigation to assist in determining your suitability for the position of San Andreas Peace Officer, in accordance with POST Commission Regulation 1953.

[list][*]It is your responsibility to complete this form and provide all required information.
    [br][/br]
    [*]This document must be filled out electronically and printed.
    [br][/br]
    [*]You must respond to all items and questions. If a question does not apply to you, write "D.N.A." (does not apply) in the space provided for your response.
    [br][/br]
    [*]Send the completed form to your background investigator or the agency to which you are applying. Do NOT send the form to POST.[/list]

[b]Disqualification[/b]

There are very few [b][i]automatic[/i][/b] bases for rejection. Even issues of prior misconduct, such as prior illegal drug use, driving under the influence, theft, or even arrest or conviction are usually not, in and of themselves, automatically disqualifying. However, [b][i]deliberate misstatements or omissions[/i][/b] can and often will result in your application being rejected, regardless of the nature or reason for the misstatements/omissions. In fact, the number one reason individuals "fail" background investigations is because they deliberately withhold or misrepresent job-relevant information from their prospective employer.

[center][size=120][b][i]BOTTOM LINE: You are responsible for providing complete, accurate, and truthful responses.[/i][/b][/size][/center][/block]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,5,black,black][color=white][b]1. PERSONAL INFORMATION[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]1. FIRST NAME[/b]
    [list=none]Answer Here[/list]

[b]2. MIDDLE NAME[/b]

[b]3. LAST NAME[/b]

[b]4. DATE OF BIRTH[/b]
    [list=none]Month: MM
    Date: DD
    Year: YYYY[/list]

[b]5. PLACE OF BIRTH[/b]

[b]6. GENDER[/b]
    [list=none][—] Male
    [—] Female
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]7. RACE[/b]
    [list=none][—] White
    [—] Black or African American
    [—] Hispanic or Latino
    [—] American Indian or Alaska Native
    [—] Asian
    [—] Flippino American
    [—] Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
    [—] None of the Above
    [—] Two or More Races[/list]

[b]8. HEIGHT[/b]
    [list=none]In feet: Answer Here
    In inches: Answer Here[/list]

[b]9. WEIGHT[/b]
    [list=none]In pounds: Answer Here[/list]

[b]10. MARITAL STATUS[/b]
    [list=none][—] Single
    [—] Married
    [—] Divorced
    [—] Widow
    [—] Legally Separated
    [—] Unknown/Not Applicable[/list]

[b]11. ADDRESS OF PRIMARY RESIDENCY[/b]
    [list=none]Street Number & Name: Answer Here
    City: Answer Here
    State: Answer Here
    Zip: Answer Here[/list]

[b]12. PRIMARY PHONE NUMBER[/b]

[b]13. EMAIL ADDREESS[/b]

[float=right][size=85][b]PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE[/b][/size][/float][/block]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]2. EDUCATION HISTORY[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]14. LEVEL OF EDUCATION[/b]
    [list=none][—] Some High School
    [—] High School
    [—] Some College
    [—] Technical College
    [—] Associate's Degree
    [—] Bachelor's Degree
    [—] Master's Degree
    [—] Doctorate[/list]

[b]15. SCHOOL OF ATTENDANCE[/b]
    [list=none]School Name: Answer Here
    Enrollment Term: MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY
    Course of Study: Answer Here[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]3. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]16. FIRST PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]
    [list=none]Company/Agency Name: Answer Here
    Position: Answer Here
    Duties Summary: Answer Here
    Employment Term: MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY 
    Reason for Leaving: Answer Here[/list]

[b]17. SECOND PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]

[b]18. THIRD PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT[/b]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]4. BACKGROUND QUESTIONAIRE[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]19. I HAVE A VALID SAN ANDREAS DRIVER LICENSE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Not Willing to Answer
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]20. I AM LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]21. I HEARD ABOUT THIS POSITION THROUGH[/b]
    [list=none][—] LSSD Website
    [—] Sheriff's Station Website
    [—] Social Media
    [—] College Campus
    [—] Career Fair or Seminar
    [—] LSSD Employee
    [—] LS County Employee
    [—] Family Member
    [—] Friends or Neighbors
    [—] Radio
    [—] Billboard
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]22. IN ADDITION TO ENGLISH, I KNOW THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE(S)[/b]

[b]23. I AM A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]24. I AM A CURRENT OR FORMER MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes, I currently serve
    [list=none]I currently serve in the: Answer Here[/list]

[—] Yes, I have formerly served
    [list=none]I have formerly served in the: Answer Here[/list]

[—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]25. I AM CURRENTLY ON CRIMINAL PROBATION OR PAROLE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]26. I HAVE PRIOR CONVICTIONS FOR DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR OTHER INTOXICANTS IN SAN ANDREAS AND/OR ANOTHER STATE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Indicate which state(s) and year(s) convicted: Answer Here[/list]
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]27. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED MARIJUANA WITHIN THE LAST YEAR[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Indicate the previous month(s) and year(s) you have used marijuana: MM/YYYY[/list]
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]28. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY USED OTHER ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WITHIN THE PAST YEAR[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[b]29. I HAVE COMMITTED THEFT, OR HAVE EMBEZZLED, AN AMOUNT AT LEAST $950.00[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] Unknown
    [—] Other[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b]5. DECLARATION & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white]I, the undersigned, do herein agree that the information aforementioned is true and complete to the best of my knowledge under the penalty of perjury. I further agree and understand that the information provided will be utilized by the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for the purposes of employment & preliminary background investigation for the position of Deputy Sheriff Trainee. I further understand that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department employs candidates with no regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, creed, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability. I agree that if selected to move forward with the hiring process, I will abide by the hiring standards as prescribed by the Sheriff of Los Santos County and his designated deputies.

[b]30. SIGNATURE[/b]

[b]31. DATE[/b]
    [list=none]Month: MM
    Date: DD
    Year: YYYY[/list]

[br][/br][br][/br]

[block=1,1,black,black][color=white][b](( 6. OUT OF CHARACTER QUESTIONS ))[/b][/color][/block]
    [block=1,20,black,white][b]32. MY TIMEZONE & CURRENT COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE[/b]

[b]33. MY DISCORD HANDLE[/b]
    [list=none]USERNAME#0001[/list]

[b]34. MY USER CONTROL PANEL USERNAME[/b]

[b]35. LIST OF ALL CURRENT CHARACTERS ON MY UCP ACCOUNT[/b]
    [list=none][*]ADD/REMOVE AS NEEDED
    [*]ADD/REMOVE AS NEEDED
    [*]ADD/REMOVE AS NEEDED
    [*]ADD/REMOVE AS NEEDED
    [*]ADD/REMOVE AS NEEDED[/list]

[b]36. MY UNEDITED SCREENSHOT OF MY USER CONTROL PANEL FULL ADMINISTRATIVE RECORD[/b]

[b]37. MY GTAWORLD FORUM ACCOUNT[/b]

[b]38. MY DOUBLE FACTION PERMISSIONS[/b]

[b]39. I CURRENTLY POSSESS A WORKING MICROPHONE, AND I CAN USE TEAMSPEAK 3[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No
    [—] No, I have received an exemption from Legal Faction Management[/list]

[b]40. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN DISCHARGED OR BANNED FROM A LEGAL FACTION? IF SO, ELABORATE[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [list=none]Elaboration: Answer Here[/list]
    [—] No
    [/list]

[b]41. DO YOU CONSENT TO YOUR CHARACTER ICLY PROVIDING FINGERPRINT SAMPLES AND A MUGSHOT AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS?[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No[/list]

[b]42. ATTACH AN IMAGE OF YOUR CHARACTER FROM THE SHOULDERS UP CLEARLY SHOWING THEIR FACE WITH NOTHING COVERING THE FACE[/b]
    [list=none][spoiler][img]Answer Here[/img][/spoiler][/list]

[b]43. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE "IMPORTANT READ" TOPICS BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION, [url=https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?t=34953]CHARACTER EXPECTATIONS AND PORTRAYAL[/url] AS WELL AS [url=https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?t=34536]CORE VALUES AND MISSION STATEMENT[/url]:[/b]
    [list=none][—] Yes
    [—] No[/list]

[b]44. INTRODUCE YOUR CHARACTER. INCLUDE SOME BACKGROUND STORY, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, AND WHY THEY WANT TO JOIN THE DEPARTMENT.[/b]
    [list=none]Answer Here (MINIMUM 250 WORDS)[/list]

[float=right][size=85][b]STOP — END OF APPLICATION[/b][/size][/float][/block]
Sheriff Gregory Reznik
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department ⎯ "A Tradition of Service"
This account is not monitored and messages submitted will NOT be recieved.