Inmate Marriage Permission Request

Moderators: LSSD: Command Staff, OOTS: SIB, PSD: IAB Team Leader

LSSD

Post by LSSD »

Jail Marriages

To obtain a marriage act, which is valid for 90 days, by law both bride and groom must appear to complete the application and pay the required fee, which is $70 for a regular act. Both the bride and groom must be present and produce "Proof of Identity" and age documents, such as a driver's license, resident card, etc. Applicants must be unmarried. A previous marriage is valid until the final date of dissolution. Written proof of a divorce or the dissolution of a previous marriage is required, if the event occurred within the last two years or less.

Further Instructions

• Obtain a "Jail Marriages" packages, which contains all necessary forms and instructions.
  • Fill out a marriage license application, and take it with you during a normal visit. When you hear your fiancee's name called for the visit, ask one of the deputies to pass the application to your fiancee for him to fill in his information.
  • The Floor Sergeant will send the package to the Watch Commander for approval. Once approval has been granted, the Sergeant will call the applicant to schedule a ceremony.
  • On the day of the scheduled ceremony, the non-inmate applicant must bring one witness and government issued photo identification.
    Immediately prior to the ceremony, for one hour, the Chaplain will counsel the prospective bride and groom. This counseling will include the ethical and legal responsibilities of marriage and may include religious or spiritual counsel.
  • During the ceremony, the bride and groom will be separated. There can be no touching or kissing. No rings or any other items may be exchanged.
  • After the ceremony, the Chaplain will sign the marriage act.

Inmate Marriage Form

I____________, would like to be married in a ceremony in Twin Towers Correctional Facility, between myself and_______________, booking number__________ who is an inmate in your custody.

My address is: __________________________________
My telephone is: _________________________________
My Driver's License number is: ____________________________
My Birth date is: ________________________________

I would like to bring my own minister to officiate;
I would like to be married by a Jail Chaplain, at no additional cost to me.
Please specify your religious preference: ________________________________

I understand that marriages are allowed inside the Los Santos County Jail as a conveniece for inmates. I must obtain a legal marriage act before my application will be processed. During the ceremony, I will not be allowed to touch, kiss, or exchange rings with my fiancee. As a visitor to a Jail Facility, I am subject to all the jail visiting rules and regulations.

Signature _________ Date _______________

Form to be sent to George McLaughlin: show

Code: Select all

[size=145][b][u]Inmate Marriage Form[/u][/b][/size]

I____________, would like to be married in a ceremony in Twin Towers Correctional Facility, between myself and_______________, booking number__________ who is an inmate in your custody. 

My address is: __________________________________
My telephone is: _________________________________
My Driver's License number is: ____________________________
My Birth date is: ________________________________

[todo][/todo] I would like to bring my own minister to officiate;
[todo][/todo] I would like to be married by a Jail Chaplain, at no additional cost to me. 
Please specify your religious preference: ________________________________

I understand that marriages are allowed inside the Los Santos County Jail as a conveniece for inmates. I must obtain a legal marriage act before my application will be processed. During the ceremony, I will not be allowed to touch, kiss, or exchange rings with my fiancee. As a visitor to a Jail Facility, I am subject to all the jail visiting rules and regulations. 

Signature _________                          Date _______________

Custody Services Division
Sheriff Gregory Reznik
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department ⎯ "A Tradition of Service"
This account is not monitored and messages submitted will NOT be recieved.